The crown colony of Gibraltar is part of the High Disclosure Offshore Centres which offer superior legal certainty. It is also the sole British offshore centre that is part of the European Union that can and will more and more be able to offer financial institutions with passporting rights and entrée to the single European market for financial services.
Attractive features include:
- Strategical geographical location
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) territory
- Lucrative and attractive fiscal regime for offshore purposes
- Exceptional reputation, government stability and special status within the European Union.
- Outstanding infrastructure and communications.
- Favorable tax status for offshore banks.
- No exchange controls
- Flexible tax regime (25-year certificates)
- No VAT
Incorporation takes only 5-10 days. Initially a name search will be conducted before the registration is submitted. We will let you know if your preferred name is not available and may offer some alternatives.
The usual authorised share capital is GBP 2000 divided in to 2,000 shares of £1 each. The minimum issued capital is £100. Shares permitted include registered shares, preference shares, redeemable shares and shares with or without voting rights. Shares can be in any currency.
A minimum of one Directors (natural person or organisation) and. There are no residency restrictions. A minimum of one shareholder is required, who has to be a non resident. Shareholders’ names are required to be listed on the Annual Return and Incorporation documents. Beneficial owners’ identities may not be disclosed, provided that corporate shareholders perform shareholder duties on behalf of them (as long as the company and its ultimate beneficial owners are have criminal-free records).
A Company Secretary is a requirement of an offshore company. The secretary has to be a local of Gibraltar can be a natural person or corporate body and a resident.
A registered office must be maintained in Gibraltar.
An offshore company is required to file an annual return. Offshore company accounts have to be audited and prepared, and filed. Accounts are not required to be made accessible to public.
Gibraltar offers the traditional benefits of a tax haven since they currently have no Income tax or corporation tax. There is no wealth tax, no capital gains tax, no gift tax, and no Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Registered Address and Agent
- Government fees
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Appointment of First Directors
- Consent Actions of the Board of Directors
- Share Certificates
- Register of Directors and Members
- Services Office
- Nominee Director
- Nominee Shareholder
- Audit Exemption Certificate
- Bank Account opening
- Company Seal*
* Delivery of the physical seal will be extra.